The Billboard awards were presented recently, and Kanye made headlines for all the “boos” he received during his intro and performance. Of course, the performance itself was almost impossible to hear, because it was censored every few seconds.
Luckily for viewers, it may have made the performance better by not subjecting the listening audience to his awful lyrics on top of his (already annoying) screams of teenage angst.
And on that note, let me give you the Top 10 annoying Kanye West quotes.
10. “You know, if Michael Jordan can scream at the refs, me as Kanye West, as the Michael Jordan of music, can go and say, ‘This is wrong.’ “
Oh. Are you comparing yourself to Michael Jordan? I’m interested in Kanye.
9. “I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period. By a long jump. I honestly feel that because Steve has passed, you know, it’s like when Biggie passed and Jay-Z was allowed to become Jay-Z.”
Ok. Fine. Another interesting comparison, Kanye. Can you think of anyone else?
8. “I’m doing pretty good as far as geniuses go … I’m like a machine. I’m a robot. You cannot offend a robot … I’m going down as a legend, whether or not you like me or not. I am the new Jim Morrison. I am the new Kurt Cobain … The Bible had 20, 30, 40, 50 characters in it. You don’t think that I would be one of the characters of today’s modern Bible?”
Astounding, Kanye. Should I assume then, that you are a religious man?
7. “God chose me. He mad a path for me. I am God’s vessel.”
Clearly that is reflected through your lyrics. So then, aside from perhaps the Bible, what do you like to read?
6. “Sometimes people write novels and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed. I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book’s autograph. I am a proud non-reader of books.”
I understand how self-absorbed people might be annoying. Let’s just stick to music then.
5. “I am the number one human being in music. That means any person that’s living or breathing is number two.”
Wow. I’m impressed. Let’s talk about a bigger issue. Whoops. Sorry, I realize there are no bigger issues than you. Do you have any thoughts on World issues?
4. “[AIDS is] a man-made disease. [It was] placed in Africa just like crack was placed in the black community to break up the Black Panthers.”
Now that seems pretty far out there. Have you done you’re research? Because it sounds like a crazy conspiracy to me.
3. “I walk through the hotel and I walk down the street and people look at me like I’m f–king insane, like I’m Hitler. One day the light will shine through, and one day people will understand everything I ever did.”
O.K. Fair enough. History will be the judge, and luckily for you, history can eternally look for a decision in your favor. Don’t you just wish people just ‘got it’ now? Wouldn’t it be great if we were as smart as you, so that we could better understand your awesomeness?
2. “My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.”
I imagine that must be difficult. Is there anything else that pains you?
1. “I hate when I’m on a flight and I wake up with a water bottle next to me like oh great now I gotta be responsible for this water bottle.”
Thank you, Kanye. Could we get a quick smile for the camera?